Cultivating a Global Mindset
A student who understands the world may someday change it for the better. Mason graduates see themselves as members of a global community. Whether they work in a small Midwestern town or half a world away, the values they learn here will strengthen the communities they serve.
Mason is committed to building a community that fosters global learning, creates global understanding, and seeks global impact.
To deepen the global mindset of our students and extend faculty reach, we are focused on creating learning opportunities that increase knowledge and strengthen global connections.
- Collaborations with international institutions.
- Programmatic and transition support for international students.
- Study and intern-abroad programs.
- Faculty educational development programs to support cultural diversity in the classroom
- Teaching, research and scholarship examining the intersection of higher education and global issues.
Opening doors to opportunities
Mason offers a wide array of opportunities for its students to study, live and work in over 60 countries around the world. These opportunities include, among others, the freshman experience of the Global Gateway Program and the internationalized curriculum of the Global Discovery Program.