The Office of the Provost issues a bimonthly newsletter that highlights Mason's many exciting and distinctive academic activities and accomplishments.
Members of the Mason community are transforming lives every day through their dedication to education, research, and service. To learn more about the latest news and updates happening across the Provost’s Office portfolio, read featured stories from our newsletter.
- February 19, 2024To better assist Mason’s expanding research activities and provide enhanced support to faculty, the Research Administration Management Portal (RAMP) project will soon introduce a handful of new, easy-to-use tools. In the coming months, new “modules” will assist with managing research involving human subjects, streamlining payroll reporting, overseeing animal care, and adhering to export regulations.
- February 19, 2024The Term Faculty Committee is accepting nominations for two openings beginning in fall 2024. The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12.
- Get Expert Editing for Your Grant Proposal - Improve Your Grant Proposal: Editing Services AvailableFebruary 19, 2024George Mason University faculty seeking copy editing services for grant applications, or feedback on near-final drafts or previously submitted proposals, have access to two affordable on-campus resources.
- Charting the course for success: Building the roadmap to Mason’s future with Salesforce Education CloudFebruary 16, 2024The Salesforce Project Management Office prepares to embark on a journey as it plans George Mason University's shift to Salesforce Education Cloud. With Unit Liaisons acting as expert guides, they navigate through Mason's technological landscape, identifying roadblocks and designing an engaging, personalized, and efficient educational journey for every Mason student.
- February 15, 2024The 2023-2024 General Faculty Meeting will be held Wednesday, February 21, from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- February 6, 2024The Term Faculty Committee is accepting nominations for two openings beginning in fall 2024. Nominations are due Tuesday, March 12.
- February 5, 2024The Global Education Office is reimagining and redesigning its vision while it prepares students for success in an increasing international and interconnected world and expands Mason’s global footprint.
- February 2, 2024A DFW dashboard, which shows how many students enrolled within a course receive a final grade of “D” or “F” or withdrew, is available for use by university stakeholders.
- January 26, 2024Nominations for the Outstanding Achievement Awards in various categories are now open and due February 19.
- January 23, 2024The Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning now offers opportunities for faculty to attend workshops that explore generative AI tools to help students produce authentic, high-quality work.
- January 16, 2024George Mason University is partnering with Accenture to implement Salesforce Education Cloud, a system that will streamline the student journey, improve communications, and make university operations more efficient and user-friendly.
- January 16, 2024The Institute for Biohealth Innovation is launching a professional development National Institutes of Health (NIH) Research Project Grant Program application bootcamp, which is limited to 6-8 faculty members. Applications are due January 26.