A diverse intellectual community is vital to Mason’s success and we are committed to fostering an environment that supports diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and well-being for all our faculty, staff, and students.
Mission: What We Do
Our students come first and we offer accessible, transformational educational experiences to all students. We provide strategic support and services of the highest quality to our faculty, staff, and the institution. We also strengthen the health, well-being, and viability of our community and the world around us through faculty and academic/programmatic expertise and our commitment to inclusive excellence.
In addition, the Office of the Provost creates connections and build bridges within and across the University, and with our community stakeholders, supporting impactful collaborations with diverse partners. Finally, we build consensus, measure and democratize information among the community to ensure we are embodying the University’s mission.
Values: What We Believe
- We lead with integrity, transparency, and by example.
- We are responsive and agile to our community.
- We embrace team-oriented collaborative leadership.
- We are intentional that our processes/practices are inclusive and equity-minded.
- We create and implement programs and initiatives that are sustainable over time.
- We are forward-looking, aware of challenges and opportunities in current higher education context.
- We embrace the spirit of possibilities.
- We provide responsible stewardship, within and beyond Mason.
Vision: What We Seek and How We Do It
- We foster thriving, inclusive communities.
- We champion knowledge creation and integration within and across disciplines and fields of study.
- We provide transformational leadership for guiding education, innovation, and creativity with an eye toward fostering sustainable change.
- We strive to be a source of reliable and accurate information, and clearly communicate this information so units are empowered to make timely data-informed decisions.
- We maintain integrity, quality, and reputation of Mason through our responsiveness to our accrediting bodies.
- We serve as responsible stewards, holding ourselves accountable to the Commonwealth of VA, the University community, our students, supporters and donors.