Important Policies for Faculty to Know
A few policies particularly important for faculty to know are highlighted below. For a complete list, please visit University Policy.
- Non-Discrimination Policy: George Mason University is committed to providing equal opportunity and an educational and work environment free from any discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, pregnancy status or genetic information.
- Title IX and Sexual Harassment Policy: The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in any of its education or employment programs and activities.
- Misconduct in Research and Scholarship Policy: Members of the George Mason University community will pursue their research and scholarly activities in a manner that is consistent with the highest standards of ethical, scientific, and scholarly practice.
- Teaching and Academic Policies: The Stearns Center houses a list of relevant teaching policies at Mason.
- Emergency Resources and Policy: Emergency Management coordinates the university’s response to emergencies, provides support to emergency response personnel, and manages administrative procedures related to emergency response and recover.