Mason Faculty Activity & Collaboration Tools (FACTs)
As George Mason University matures as a multifaceted public research university, the need to invest in systems that facilitate the work of our faculty, programs, and institution as a whole becomes more critical. We must be able to promote faculty expertise and academic programs to prospective students, various university stakeholders, and the broader community
Interfolio is an enhanced "faculty-first" higher education technology that offers a digital and holistic platform for faculty information. Interfolio supports the full lifecycle of faculty work and has proven the following:
- Experience and understanding of R1 university renewal, promotion, and tenure processes and accreditation
- Capacity to satisfy institutional needs and uphold Mason's commitment to centric beta testing and associated assessments
- Ability to provide superior support throughout the planning, implementation, and maintenance phases
Interfolio was selected through a competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) process, after demonstrating the above strengths. The RFP process involved campus representatives and stakeholders:
- Communications & Marketing
- Faculty & Faculty Senate
- Human Resources & Payroll
- Information Technology Services
- Office of the Provost
- Research Council
Investments for Faculty
The Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) tool automates existing workflows and processes for faculty reappointment, renewal, promotion and tenure into a unified content management system to streamline the RPT experience for both candidates and reviewers at all levels within one secure and configurable system.
Please find additional information below to learn more about the RPT Tool:
Dossier is an optional platform, within RPT, that can assist faculty in preparing for every phase of their academic career. Your personal Dossier offers tools to prepare for academic opportunities using cloud-based storage:
- Annual evaluation
- Renewal, promotion and/ or tenure review
- Grant submission
All the documents collected and added to Dossier remain there for future use. Newly hired faculty can use Dossier, upon hire and faculty will retain access to Dossier even after the end of their time with the institution.
Learn more about Dossier here.
The Faculty 180 (F-180) tool can provide a web-based suite of applications to promote strategic and data-driven decisions. F-180 can collect, integrate and consolidate data around faculty activities and accomplishments into a single-source, user-verified, faculty information system
- Facilitates accreditation reporting
- Facilitates CV maintenance and empowers faculty to tell their own story
- Promotes scholarly networking, collaboration, partnerships, etc.
- Leverages and communicates faculty strengths to a variety of stakeholders
- Reduces the need to respond to multiple administrative requests
- Integrates with faculty profiles on Mason websites.